Thursday, May 14, 2009

Colors




so I've finally got some free time meaning i'm not trying to finish a comic or extra storyboards. But that free time won't last long as I've been wanting to get some new orginial graphic novels underway for awhile, the first being an adventure story. So as I try and find my full color voice I've done a few more finished color pieces. Right now as much as I love to ink and the line when I color I seem to want to obliterate all lines and work with value and lighting, but completely in color. It definitely depends on the type of story but right now i'm not sure exactly How I can get all the inks and colors to synchronize, maybe I will incorporate special black and white title pages or moments within the story that are inked? And the rest linework with full color doing most of the heavy lifting. We'll see. Here's a hulk spidey and the owlen man from Mora.

4 comments:

~ tOkKa said...

-->> Dammit ,Paul ..


can't just buy your art book like

RIGHT F*CKING NOW !! !!!! ?!

Longleggedmackdaddy said...

Looks sweet. Can you make one of Hulk & the TMNT vs. Abomination and Complete Carnage? I've always wanted to see that.

Abe said...

looks like the owlen man WANTS ALL THE PIECESSS!!!

DanHale said...

Sorry I know this is an old post but I just (re)discovered your work and am working backward. I have a similar issue with wrestling between line and color. Going all digital seems the correct way but I really think a beautifully inked page is desirable as well (AND you can sell it!) Any thoughts on how you have progressed recently? Thanks and keep up the great work!